An open-mic night for theatre, which gives everyone a chance to show the Malaysian performing arts scene your talent be it in writing, acting or directing. The Platform aims to showcase new talent and original material (drama/ theatre /physical theatre genre only) that has never been staged before. The Platform also hopes to inspire a love for the performing arts among the Malaysian public.
New talent aside, the platform is also open to established talent who may want to venture out of their ‘comfort zones’ and try things that they may not be known for.
Each night will culminate in a Q&A session to give members of the audience a chance to find out more about the performance they watched.
Starting in February 2011 and continuing until July 2011, The Platform takes place on the first Monday of every month.
Dates: 7 Feb, 7 Mar, 4 Apr, 2 May, 6 Jun, and 4 Jul 2011
TAKING SUBMISSIONS NOW!
Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
with script/description and details of writer/director/cast
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. All performance pieces must fall under ‘Theatre’ or ‘Drama’.
2. No Dance or Music, including ‘Musical Theatre’.
3. All participants must be at least 16 yrs of age.
4. All performance pieces must be written by the performer(s). If the piece is written by someone not involved in the performance, then it must not have been published or publicly performed prior to the day of performance.
5. No more than 3 performers per piece (Applies to both dialogue-driven and silent performances).
6. All pieces must be no more than 15 minutes and no less than 5 minutes in length.
7. All Malaysian languages are accepted.
8. No nudity of any kind.
9. Only 1 table & 2 chairs will be provided as props. Basic lighting may / may not be available – it must be specified when piece is submitted.
10. No microphones of any kind are allowed.
Limited slots only, so hurry, book yours! Get those entries organised, and send them in NOW to email@example.com. See you there!