Looking to for a career in the Arts? klpac currently has vacancies in the following positions:
Resource Centre Assistant
The klpac Resource Centre is a mini library of all things theatre, with a respectable collection of scripts and other literature of interest to those in the performing arts. It also serves as a gift shop, as well as a rest area for visitors, serving light snacks and refreshments. If you are young, energetic and hardworking and would like to take a first step into the world of the Arts, klpac is looking for you to run the Resource Centre
1. Friendly personality and likes dealing with people and serve patrons who come to the Resource Centre on any enquiries and requests with a smile.
2. Able to work in long hours. The job hours are long especially during show time and weekends but you will have a one off day in a week.
3. Able to communicate in spoken and written English.
4. Prompt in attendance and punctual.
5. Arts lovers are encouraged to apply. You must enjoy being part of the arts and will have an opportunity to venture to other parts of klpac departments should the opportunity arise.
6. Immediate employment
Please call or email Pui See at firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 40479031 for an appointment.
Technical Positions (Sound, Lighting & Rigging; Full time / Contract)
klpac’s Technical Department is recruiting new team members on contract or full-time basis. Please note that candidate has to send in their application with referrals.
1. Have interest working in a theatre environment (lighting, sound and Rigging).
2. Friendly, fast learner and creative thinker.
3. Able to work long hours according to productions’ time.
4. Possess own transport
5. Prompt in attendance and punctual
6. Have a minimum of 1 – 2 years experience in technical field
Please e-mail Mike Thomas, Technical Manager
Box Office Staff
The klpac box office is on the lookout for team members.
1. To attend to the needs of walk-in or call-in patrons a positive manner
2. To competantly operate the computerised ticketing system and sell tickets
3. To constantly update oneself on upcoming productions and general information so as to answer customer queries.
4. Assist with various box office projects as they arise
1. Candidate must possess at least a SPM/”O” Level school leaver.
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Fluent in English & Bahasa Malaysia
4. Good organisational skills
5. PC Literate (MS Word / MS Excel)
6. Able to work shift (morning / afternoon)
7. Ability to handle cash responsibly
8. With customer service experience would be an advantage
9. Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply
Kindly e-mail your application and resume to Christina.