Looking to for a career in the Arts? klpac currently has vacancies in the following positions:
Resource Centre Assistant
The klpac Resource Centre is a mini library of all things theatre, with a respectable collection of scripts and other literature of interest to those in the performing arts. It also serves as a gift shop, as well as a rest area for visitors, serving light snacks and refreshments. klpac is seeking an able pair of hands to keep the resource centre running.
1. Friendly and good with people.
2. Shopkeeping experience would be a plus, but not necessary.
3. Able to work long hours.
4. Able to communicate in spoken and written English.
5. Prompt in attendance and punctual.
6. Retirees or those with ample amounts of free time are encouraged to apply.
7. Immediate vacancy.
Technical Positions (Sound, Lighting & Rigging; Full time / Contract)
klpac’s Technical Department is recruiting new team members on contract or full-time basis. Please note that candidate has to send in their application with referrals.
1. Have interest working in a theatre environment (lighting, sound and Rigging).
2. Friendly, fast learner and creative thinker.
3. Able to work long hours according to productions’ time.
4. Possess own transport
5. Prompt in attendance and punctual
6. Have a minimum of 1 – 2 years experience in technical field
Please e-mail Mike Thomas, Technical Manager
klpac is seeking a warm and friendly lover of the arts with great communications skills to come help us spread the joy of theatre.
1. Manage & coordinate all our promotional activities.
2. Build & strengthen relationships with our patrons, sponsors, partners and the media.
1. Working experience in Mass Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
2. Passion for the Arts is a basic requirement.
3. Intelligent, with lots of common sense.
4. Articulate in English.
5. Outgoing, friendly and empathetic.
6. Organised, comfortable with technology and able to understand project management workflow process.
7. Ability to read and write Mandarin is an advantage.
Please e-mail Nicholas Chin, Marketing Manager
Teacher / Facilitator position for The Actors Studio Academy @ klpac
The Actors Studio Academy@klpac seeks suitably qualified teachers/facilitators to join its team.
1. Experience in teaching the performing arts to children/ teenagers/ adults.
2. Proficient in the English Language.
Please email Mark Beau De Silva, or call 03-4047 9033
Box Office Staff
The klpac box office is on the lookout for team members.
1. To attend to the needs of walk-in or call-in patrons a positive manner
2. To competantly operate the computerised ticketing system and sell tickets
3. To constantly update oneself on upcoming productions and general information so as to answer customer queries.
4. Assist with various box office projects as they arise
1. Candidate must possess at least a SPM/”O” Level school leaver.
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Fluent in English & Bahasa Malaysia
4. Good organisational skills
5. PC Literate (MS Word / MS Excel)
6. Able to work shift (morning / afternoon)
7. Ability to handle cash responsibly
8. With customer service experience would be an advantage
9. Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply
Kindly e-mail your application and resume to Christina.