Witness the grace and grandeur of a 300 year old Japanese tradition, performed for the first time ever in South East Asia. BUNRAKU- Traditional Japanese Puppet Theatre is a showcase of fastidious teamwork as three puppeteers per puppet work in perfect unity with live traditional music and vocals. Led by upcoming Living National Treasure of Japan, Kanjuro Kiritake III, and featuring puppets which are intricately maintained historic artefacts, the show is presented in three parts: An interpretation of a harvest celebration dance, an excerpt of the classic “Fox in the Inner Garden”, and a behind-the-scenes demonstration. Presented in Japanese with English subtitles, in celebration of the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation.
Performed by: Bunraku Company Minosuke-kai (Master Kanjuro KIRITAKE and 13 performers/musicians)
Organized by: BUNRAKU in Malaysia Committee 2013 and klpac
Date & Time: 28th June 2013 (8.30pm), 29th June 2013 (3pm, 8.30pm)
Venue: Pentas 2, Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC)
[ GENERAL TICKET ]
1) ICHOU – RM60 for standard adult; RM30 Concessions apply for students, disabled & JFKL/JCKL/TAS card members
2) KITSUNE Floor seats without chairs – RM30
[ PREMIUM TICKET ]
Be a Personal PATRON!
BUNRAKU performance is not-for-profit production which is made possible by generous support of many organizations. Please be our personal Patron and get the Prime Seats!
3) PATRON of BUNRAKU – RM300
– Premium Seating with: Welcome Drink | Exclusive Autographed Poster | Photo Session with the Performer | BUNRAKU Original Goods for Souvenir | Invitation to the Premier Reception Party (28th June Friday after the show)
4) SAKURA – RM100
– Premium Seating with: Welcome drink | Photo Session with Performer | BUNRAKU Original Goods for Souvenir
Inquiry for Premium Seats: Bunraku in Malaysia 2013 Committee Secretariat 03-2284-6228 (The Japan Foundation KL)
FAQ in English version, please click link below:Buy Ticket