OFFICIAL STATEMENT: NOV 11
The 7th performance (Friday, Nov 10) of 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane had to be halted as a cast member sustained a serious finger injury during the performance, causing him to collapse from intense pain shortly after. The collapse resulted in deep cuts on his lip and chin. He was rushed to a nearby clinic where he received stitches.
The visit back to the doctor this morning (Sat, Nov 11) confirmed he went through vasovagal syncope, which is the brief loss of consciousness from an intense drop in blood pressure, triggered by pain. The doctor recommended that he spends the next few days (even weeks) to allow his stitches to heal. Any form of physical exertion is to be avoided.
As such, Theatresauce has decided to POSTPONE the remaining two performances and REPLACE yesterday’s performance in December. This allows the cast member ample time to heal.
The new dates and times follow. Same venue.
OLD: Friday, Nov 10 @ 8.30 pm – NEW: Saturday, Dec 9 @ 3.00 pm;
OLD: Saturday, Nov 11 @ 8.30 pm – NEW: Saturday, Dec 9 @ 8.30 pm;
OLD: Sunday, Nov 12 @ 3.00 pm – NEW: Sunday, Dec 10 @ 3.00 pm.
Now, we understand that the new dates and times above might not work for everyone. There are 4 options of moving forward:
1) ALL GOOD: The new performance time and date is fine with you. Great!
– If you attended the performance on Friday, Nov 10, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
– If you have tickets for Sat, Nov 11 and Sun, Nov 12, just hold on to your tickets, and they’ll be valid when you join us in December. If you haven’t picked up your printed tickets from the box office, you can collect them at the box office in December.
2) REFUND: The new performance time and date doesn’t work for you and you’d like a refund. Great also!
– If you attended the performance on Friday, Nov 10, email us at email@example.com with the ticket amount and bank account number. We’ll transfer you the amount within a week.
– If you have tickets for Sat, Nov 11 and Sun, Nov 12, take a snapshot of your tickets (make sure you capture the date, time and amount paid clearly) alongside your bank account number and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll transfer you the amount within a week. If you haven’t picked up your printed tickets from the box office, email us at email@example.com and we’ll sort you out.
3) TRANSFER: The new corresponding performance time and date doesn’t work for you and you’d like to transfer to another new time and date. Unfortunately, we don’t allow this at the moment, as all dates are sold out. We might open up new seats early December (stay tuned) but please consider option 2 first.
4) COMPS AND BULK BOOKINGS: If you were given a comp or purchased tickets in bulk (usually not via the box office) please contact the person you were in touch with for the tickets – email, call, WhatsApp. Kelvin Wong, UiHua C, Nur Zakuan, Anjali Nijjar Venugopal and Asher Au are on standby.
ALL ABOVE TRANSACTIONS NEED TO TAKE PLACE BY SUNDAY, NOV 26.
We’ll also contact audience members (if we have your email on record) on the above announcement.
Our team will also be on standby to assist you with anything at klpac’s Indicine between 7.30 – 9.30 pm Saturday (Nov 11) and 2.00 – 4.00 pm Sunday (Nov 12).
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.
“How do I stop? How do I stop? How do I stop?”
Delve into the trippy and electrifying subconscious of an individual dealing with clinical depression. Through a support system of friends, appointments with the psychiatrist and an endless flow of antidepressants, will he come out of his rut and find light once more?
4.48 Psychosis scrutinizes the intricate dynamics between a tormented individual and the societal pressure to be normal. The play debuted posthumously, also in London’s Royal Court Theatre, in 2000. 4.48 Psychosis is Sarah Kane’s final piece of work. Featuring Phraveen Arikiah, Alex Chua, Claudia Low and Andrew Wood. Directed by Kelvin Wong.
Artistic Director KELVIN WONG
Director KELVIN WONG
Writer SARAH KANE
Cast PHRAVEEN ARIKIAH, ALEX CHUA, CLAUDIA LOW, VESHALINI NAIDU, ANDREW WOOD
Date & Time:
9th December 2017 @ 3 PM & 8:30 PM
10th December 2017 @ 3 PM
Venue: Indicine, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre
Tickets: RM 55 (RM45 for Concession)
Call 03 4047 9000 to purchase tickets or click Buy Ticket!