Impact of Covid-19 on klpac
In the span of one weekend, klpac went from 27 cancelled / postponed shows to 45 and from RM519,789.70 in losses up to RM1.1 million (as of 6 May). All three of our revenue streams have been hit badly – venue rental, ticket sales and Academy courses. Unlike the Plaza Putra floods, the impact of Covid-19 will be long drawn out with an uncertain end time frame which is extremely challenging for a non-profit with an annual RM4.4 million operating expenses. At the moment, we do not receive government funding.
The Actors Studio’s losses amount to RM173,752 while penangpac’s losses are RM119,981.
(an adopt-a-seat programme for 2020)
This is a fundraiser for klpac but there will be no show.
We don’t know when our next show will be and under what circumstances.
Now, some theatre halls are sponsored by corporates. But what if we had 504 individual sponsors, one for each seat in klpac’s main theatre Pentas 1. Pick your favourite seat and adopt one! Founded as a “teater untuk rakyat” (theatre for the community), it would be wonderful to have a whole community of supporters behind us.
We may not be able to gift you with a physical show now in return but we promise that we will gift Klang Valley with many, many more shows and programmes in years to come.
We urge you to adopt that seat for the future of klpac and the future of the arts in Malaysia because #TogetherWeCan!
This programme and benefits are for 2020 only.
How does it work?
1. Go to proticket.com.my/klpac-saveyourseat (register if you haven’t)
2. Click into #SaveYourSeat.
3. Pick a seat like you would like to adopt for year 2020.
4. Add to cart and check out.
5. Done – you’ve successfully adopted a seat!
6. Our staff will be in touch with you thereafter to send you your receipt, check how you’d like to be credited (which will be go on your digital certificate as well as on a board outside Pentas 1) and answer any other questions you may have.
Note: Like any other show, there is a RM 4 ticketing admin charge by PROTICKET of which RM 1 will be donated back to klpac.
Message from Our Founders
How to Help: Resources for #SaveYourSeat Campaign
1. Download & share the campaign visuals here (separate visuals)
2. Download & share our story in video here (1 video file)
3. Download and share donor guide here (1 PDF file)
4. Download and share step-by-step guide to use ProTicket here (1 PDF file)
5. Download & edit / use standard appeal message here
1. What kind of payment is accepted via PROTICKET?
You can pay via Visa or Mastercard (Credit or Debit Card) and FPX.
2. Can I adopt a seat on behalf of a friend?
Yes, do go through the payment process above. When our staff gets in touch with you after, you can let them know whose name it should be under.
3. Is the donation tax exempted?
No, unfortunately, klpac does not have tax-exempt status. We will still issue you an official receipt.
4. Can I exchange seats / get a refund after paying?
No exchanges / refunds. Do check before checking out.
5. Can I just make a donation without taking up a seat?
6. Since other klpac / TAS shows have been cancelled / postponed for March & April, will I get a refund?
Yes, we will start processing refunds after the MCO ends. It will take 14 working days. If you have further questions or if you’d like to donate your refund back to klpac, do e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
7. Are you running any other activities in the meantime?
Yes, we have several projects running including Send-A-Song, klpac Show Stream, indicinelive! Quaranstream Edition, We Care: OCD, Drifter’s Song – cover by Malaysian Theatre Practitioners, Storytime with Uncle Joe & Aunty Faridah, #lockdownart and Malaysiaku visual art competition. We have also compiled a list of livestreams or videos of past productions worldwide here.
8. How do I stay updated on upcoming shows and activities?
9. Other questions about klpac / TAS?
Terms & Conditions
Age Limit: No age limit.
Latecomers: Never too late to join us for this one! Latecomers welcomed too.
• Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM 4 Ticketing Fee.
• 2 is better than 1. Adopt one more seat for your loved one.
• Don’t refund lah… we belanja you ice cream at klpac resource centre
• For once, you don’t need to worry about losing your ticket! We will definitely save your name and adopted seat for 2020.
• Feel free to screenshot and share this anytime, anywhere. Don’t forget to tag us at @theklpac.