Please be informed that “The Dream of the Red Mansions” which was originally scheduled for 21 & 22 Nov 2020 will be postponed to a later date. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and will be sure to update you when the new date has been fixed. Our team will contact those who have purchased tickets. Thank you for your on-going support.
If you would like to get updates on the next The Dream of the Red Mansions or similar shows, sign up our mailing list here.
Ticketing Enquiry: Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
One of the Four Great Classical Novels, “The Dream of Red Mansions” depicts various aspects of life and is a comprehensive, literary work that embodies the culture and wisdom of the Chinese. “The Dream of Red Mansions” was adapted from true historical events and traces the bittersweet tragedy at the Rong Mansion between Jia Baoyu and Lin Daiyu, portraying their feelings for each other with an unforgettable, passionate, and heart-rending romance.
Many liken Lin Daiyu to a lotus, because the flower is known to grow out of the mud unsoiled. The pure and unforgettable love between Jia Baoyu and Lin Daiyu is the most poignant and moving story in “The Dream of Red Mansions”. As for Lin Daiyu’s tears, they should not be simply understood as symbols of weakness. Just as Wang Xifeng used money to perfect her materialistic ways, perhaps Lin Daiyu used a lifetime of tears to perfect her love.
The stage play “The Dream of Red Mansions” not only allows us to appreciate life from a different angle, but also helps us reflect and ponder deeper upon our outlook on life. Moreover, through the stage adaptation of the original historical novel—“The Dream of Red Mansions”—we hope that everyone will have a deeper understanding of Jia Baoyu and Lin Daiyu, who kept their purity even in a filthy world.
This stage play stars well-known artist Jessie Chung as Lin Daiyu and lead actor Terry Lim, a one-in-a-million Jia Baoyu lookalike who dominated the worldwide audition for the role. Also starring are lead actor of “Meant to Be”, the romantic, princelike American director Paul Lee and lead actor of “Music Box”, the charismatic heartthrob Jeffrey Beh!
Symphony Theatre also invited American musician John Zoe Lee to compose the emotional theme song “Hearts Apart” and soundtrack song “A Dying Light in the Night” for the stage play. Come and enjoy a performance of an unforgettable, passionate, and heart-rending love story.
10 reasons why you must watch:
- This marks the first public performance of the stage play “The Dream of Red Mansions” in Malaysia.
- “The Dream of Red Mansions” is based on the original historical novel.
- Well-known artist Jessie Chung takes the stage with 26 experienced actors.
- Lead actor Terry Lim, a one-in-a-million actor who portrays Jia Baoyu, was chosen through a worldwide search for a Jia Baoyu lookalike.
- Stage backdrops created through the latest 3D technology for stunning, lifelike environments.
- Symphony Theatre invited an American composer to create the soundtrack for “The Dream of Red Mansions”, while lead actress Jessie Chung performed the soundtrack song “A Dying Light in the Dark” and the theme song, “Hearts Apart”—an emotional duet—with lead actor Terry Lim.
- Accompanied by realistic sound effects and professional background music.
- Stage design incorporates exquisite ancient Chinese elements and props.
- Actors wear elegant, refined, majestic and authentic period costumes.
- Show your love through fundraising for cancer patients.
Presented by Symphony Musical House Sdn. Bhd. & Malaysia Naturopathic Association
Date & Time: 21st & 22nd November 2020 @7pm
Venue: Pentas 1, klpac
Ticket: RM300 / RM200 / RM120 / RM80 / RM50
Executive Producer: Joshua Beh
Director: Brian Choot
Writer: Windney Tan, Stratford Tan
Cast: Jessie Chung, Terry Lim, Paul Lee, Jeffrey Beh, Lily Lim, Natalie Chan, Tylor Chen, Caleb Cheah, Sophia Koa, Isaac Chen, Jennifer Chung, Jessica Chung
klpac’s Covid-19 Related SOPs
klpac has comprehensive measures in place including compulsory mask-wearing, health screening, physical distancing measures, sanitisation and disinfection, visitor education, contactless experience via e-ticketing and staff training. We urge you to read our SOP guide here https://bit.ly/klpacSOP or watch this video: https://bit.ly/klpacSOPvideo.