We also run a crucial Community OutReach programme (CORe) which enables members of the underprivileged community to experience the magic of the performing arts. We conduct free talks, guided tours, performance training, theatre workshops and also provide complimentary tickets to performances. It aims to:
- Improve access to arts – enable them to experience it
- Enrich lives – bring colour back into their lives, lift their spirits & help them re-connect with society
- Personal development – equip them with skills like teamwork, leadership & communication
- Healing – arts can be a form of therapy for those who have suffered trauma by helping them to open up, express their hurt & come to terms with it
Join this all-access guided tour of Malaysia’s only fully-integrated arts centre.
Find out why this 120 year old building is an important historical landmark and what makes it an award-winning architectural icon. Explore areas normally off limits to the public such as the catwalk and step onto the very stage used by world class performers.
Ask our team any burning questions you may have!
You’ll be served a sumptuous local brunch, pre-packed for hygiene reasons, to enjoy anywhere on the grounds of klpac or to be brought home.
Places limited to 25 pax only. Backstage Bites is supported by Yayasan Sime Darby.
Enquiries: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
1) What language will the tour be conducted in?
It will be conducted in English. If you’ve a group of 20 pax who would like a tour in another language, do e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if we can accommodate.
2) What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes must be worn for safety reasons (no heels, no sandals etc).
3) What should I be aware of?
You will need to have a reasonable level of fitness as the tour involves walking up and down stairs. Masks must be worn throughout & physical distancing must be ensured. Please read the health declaration portion in the registration form.
4) Can I take photos?
Certainly. We will allow time for you to take photos and recommend the best spots. However, video recording of the tour is not permitted. We will also have a photographer on hand.
5) Can children join Backstage Bites?
Yes if they are above 10 years old. Parents must be responsible for their own child. We may consider tours designed for children in the future.
6) What if I am late?
The tour will proceed as planned. If you are late, please alert our team (contact will be provided in reminder e-mail).
7) Which areas will be covered?
Each tour will differ depending on the space availability. We aim to cover as many areas as possible each time.
8) If I am a wheelchair user, can I join this tour?
We can tailor tours to wheelchair users. Or if you require other mobility considerations, do e-mail email@example.com if you’d like to explore.
9) What if I am diagnosed with Covid-19?
For the safety of others, you will not be able to join this event and we will refund you or allow you to swap to another edition down the road.